Canadian Neighbor Pharmacy about Erectile Dysfunction: Causes, Signes, Treatment
Erectile dysfunction is a repetitive condition characterized by a poor quality of erection, inability to maintain or reach erection necessary for a full sexual intercourse.
The term “erectile dysfunction” was introduced in 1992, when the American National Institute of Health suggested using it as a more extended concept than impotence. According to the WHO (World Health Organization), based on numerous authoritative world studies, every 10th man aged 21 to 29 years complains of erectile disorders, 30 to 35 years – one out of 5, 40 to 70 years – almost every 2nd. This is the scale of the problem for today, and according to experts from Canadian Neighbor Pharmacy or Canada Drugs, these figures could double in the next 25 years.
It is recommended to visit a doctor if you have the following symptoms:
- insufficiently strong erection for sexual intercourse;
- problems or inability to achieve a satisfactory level and duration of erection;
- premature ejaculation.
The causes of erectile dysfunction can be divided into external (exogenous) and internal (endogenous).
External causes of erectile dysfunction:
- Smoking is one of the most significant factors, which has a very negative effect on erectile function;
- Alcohol, especially “beer alcoholism”, drug addiction;
- Syndrome of chronic fatigue, chronic lack of sleep, stressful situations at work and in family relationships;
- Environmental factors: unbalanced irrational food, food, depleted of vitamins and trace elements, GMOs (genetically modified foods);
- Increased radiation background, work in high-frequency radiation.
The most important factors of sexual behavior are formed in childhood, when the boy watches the system of actions of older men in the family, follows their examples, or denies them. During this period a boy can develop self-doubt and shyness, fears. Over time, they can become more serious and transform into psychological complexes or phobias, affecting the life of a man.
Internal causes of erectile dysfunction:
Disorders of hormonal regulation: hypogonadism (testosterone deficiency in the testicles of a man), a number of diseases associated with impaired function of the pituitary and adrenal glands, some tumors (eg, pituitary adenoma).
- Side effects of taking various medications (some antihypertensive and antiarrhythmic drugs, corticosteroids, psychotropic drugs and antidepressants, etc.);
- Age and acquired changes in the tissue and structures of the penis involved in the mechanism of erection;
- Neurological diseases and disorders (epilepsy, Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis, injuries and surgeries of the brain and spinal cord, pelvis and perineum);
- Diseases of the cardiovascular system (hypertension, atherosclerosis, etc.);
- Diabetes mellitus, obesity, metabolic syndrome.
The list offered by Canadian Neighbor Pharmacy contains only the most common reasons underlying the development of erectile dysfunction or other potency disorders.
According to another classification, erectile dysfunction is divided into psychogenic and organic (somatic).
Treatment methods of erectile dysfunction
Modern knowledge in the field of urology-andrology and sexology, as well as the ability to select a combination of pharmacological agents, therapeutic and surgical techniques, allow to solve many problems associated with erectile dysfunction (impotence). When choosing an effective treatment strategy, much depends on the causes, degree of the disorder, age, concomitant diseases.
The arsenal of modern urologists contain certified drugs that restore erectile function. Thanks to advertising, everyone knows the names of the most famous medicines to restore potency, such as Viagra, Cialis, Levitra from Canadian Neighbor Pharmacy. But doctors advise to refrain from self-medication, which can lead to negative side effects. Only professional advice and optimal diagnostics guarantee that the prescribed drugs will be effective and will not cause harm to health.
Methods of physiotherapy are widely used in medical practice. They improve blood flow and the quality of erection, for example, treatment with negative pressure. The procedures are performed on a modern apparatus and show a high efficiency in the treatment of erectile dysfunction, especially in cases of early vascular pathology.
There are also technologies for prosthetics of erectile function – surgical interventions with the installation of falloprostheses of various modifications. This is a radical method for overcoming the true, organic causes of erectile dysfunction, which doctors use only after a thorough examination of the patient. The decision about prosthetics should be taken by a doctor after having all the diagnostic information.
For effective recovery of erectile function, it is necessary to get an urological consultation and undergo a full medical examination. Modern doctors will offer an optimal treatment plan, taking into account all individual indications. Seeking professional help, the patient is guaranteed to receive full information about the causes of the disease and answers to all questions about the prescribed procedures. Recommendations will be formulated to achieve a harmonious balance of the working and rest regime, create a scheme of correct, varied and tasty nutrition. Competently selected course of medical and preventive measures, conducted under the control of professionals and advice of Canadian Neighbor Pharmacy, will allow to achieve an adequate erection.
Prevention of erectile dysfunction
Measures for the general prevention of erectile dysfunction include:
- balanced and rational nutrition, rich in vitamins and trace elements, essential amino acids and polyunsaturated fatty acids;
- adherence to the regime of work and rest, first of all a proper sleep;
- physical activity, sports in the open air;
- absence of long stressful situations at work and at home;
- refusing alcohol (including beer), smoking and taking any drugs;
- timely preventive maintenance and treatment of the diseases leading to erectile dysfunction (a hypertonic illness, an atherosclerosis, a diabetes, adiposity, etc.).
Foods that improve erectile function can be used as prevention of erectile dysfunction: foods rich in fat and water-soluble vitamins (olive and sunflower oil, nuts, dog rose, fresh vegetables and fruits, cereals and legumes), sources omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids (fish oil, sesame) and essential amino acids (milk products, quail eggs, meat and fish). Of course, we are talking about natural ingredients, not about harmful genetically modified products. Overeating and overweight is a direct way to erectile dysfunction.
Erectile dysfunction can be the result of a disease or disorder in the system regulating the process of erection. Therefore, at the first signs of erectile dysfunction, we recommend that a man immediately consult a doctor, not to miss the moment to start a timely, effective and safe treatment.